What are your most critical applications? Nuclear? Oxygen? Corrosive materials or flammable fluids?
When safety is on the line, you need the best protection possible. Here are 11 reasons to use PBV Severe Service ball valves.
1. PBV Severe Service ball can be used in many applications.
Common applications include:
- Drum blowdown
- Steam turbine with condenser
- Cooling water circulation
- Water intake and treatment
- Condensate pumps
- Heat exchanger
- Low pressure heater
2. 100% of the valve is made in the PBV factory.
By not subcontracting any work to an outside supplier, PBV keeps their quality at a premium level.
3. They are 100% made in the USA.
This means you can get your valves quickly, typically within 2 to 3 weeks.
4. They come in a wide variety.
PBV valves are available in sizes ¾” to 12” and in classes 150# to 4500#.
5. They won’t leak.
PBV valve bodies are made in one piece so they are less susceptible to leaks.
6. They’re built to last.
The standard trim used in PBV valves is 410SS, which has a better expansion and contraction rate than other materials. This creates a better seat with less chance of cracking, which means your valves will last longer.
7. The bolts are easy to tighten.
PBV uses a long stem, which makes for easy tightening of packing gland bolts.
8. They can be fully actuated upon request.
PBV provides custom services and modifications so you get the exact valve you need. Actuation is just the beginning. You can also request ISO bracket fabrication, custom coatings, firesafe testing to 6FA, and more.
9. An in-house HVOF laser fusion coating is available.
This technology provides a bubble-tight mate lapped ball-to-seat sealing, ideal for abrasive and corrosive applications.
10. All testing procedures comply with ANSI B16.10, B16.34, B16.5.
Summary of testing procedures:
- Hydrostatic: 1.5 x max. CWP, zero leakage/60 seconds
- High Pressure Seat: 1.1 x max. CWP, zero leakage/60 seconds
- Low Pressure Seat: 50 psi, zero leakage/60 seconds
- Additional, Air: 50 psi, zero leakage/60 seconds
11. PBV ball valves meet or exceed all applicable compliance standards.
Want to learn more about PBV Severe Service Ball Valves? Download the catalog.