The B.D.I.® (Burst Disc Indicator) Alarm System is designed for use with Continental Disc rupture discs. The B.D.I. Alarm System signals the system operator when a rupture disc has burst to relieve an overpressure or vacuum condition.
The B.D.I. Alarm System should be specified:
- When warning of pressure relief is essential for plant safety
- When immediate notice is needed of relief of an overpressure or vacuum condition to indicate process malfunction
- When indication is vital that a rupture disc has burst and toxic substances are venting
- When a signal is required to initiate an automatic function, process change or shut down procedure
- When loss or contamination of product will occur if a rupture disc is not replaced immediately
- When monitoring of rupture discs is important in hard-to-reach locations